Take your game to the NEXT LEVEL
Individual & Group Training, Recruiting Services
and even Field Hockey opportunity Scroll down for WALL BALL Routines and Shooting Technique Practice
Field Hockey, Private & Group Clinics, and Camps
Heather Chase O'Neill, Syracuse University., Division 1 Field Hockey All-American, offers the introduction of another fun field sport. FIELD HOCKEY. Captain and Athletic Scholarship to
Private and small group lessons available.
Below is the wall ball workout used by Shoreham Wading River High School in New York, one of the top HS lacrosse programs in the country. SWR's head coach Tom Rotanz is currently on the coaching staff of the US Under19 team. All SWR players are required to do this workout at least 3 times (ideally 5 times) per week during the offseason.
Athletes interested in becoming impact lacrosse players should take advantage of this workout. If you have trouble getting
through this workout start with fewer reps (eg. 25 per set) and work yourway up. This wall work will get you tired (if not, increase your pace) but there should not be any pain. Bring and drink plenty of water.
SWR Wall Ball Workout
Coach's Comment - Boys - Always wear glove and wear a helmet is also highly advisable...practice like you play. Both Girls and Boys - Keep both hands on the stick unless otherwise noted. This workout should be done five days per week (minimum of three days per week). Stand 7 yards from the wall. Throw the ball hard.
1. Quick Stick 50 times with right 50 times with left No cradle
2. One Hand Quick Stick 50 X with right hand 50 X with left hand No cradle. Snap the wrist. Hold stick on the middle of the handle.
3. Catch and Throw with Quick Cradle 50 X right 50 X left Catch ball back by ear. Do not "snatch" at ball or spin your stick.
4. One hand catch and throw with quick cradle 50X right 50X left
5. Face Dodge 50X right 50X left Catch, face wall, dodge (no hand change) then throw
6. Split Dodge 50X right 50X left Throw left, catch left, split dodge left to right (with hand change), catch right then repeat.
7. Behind the back 50X right 50X left Can alternate right vs. left
8. Ground balls 50 GB's to (bounce ball off of wall for GBs to) 50 GB's away End all wall work with Ground Balls. Mix it up doing some standing still, some jogging and some sprinting. Use wall for GB's too.
Personal Player Development
INDIVIDUAL PRIVATE INSTRUCTION
Personalized, individual player instruction is the secret to improved skills and increased confidence. Your player will work with a Ripcurl coach one-on-one who will set realistic goals with your player and implement a lesson plan(s) to help achieve them.
6 PLAYER INSTRUCTION
$10 per player per session
This is one of our most popular services we offer. It’s made a big difference for many of our players, and is provided with the highest level of excellence. With small group development, we focus on positional game play, off ball movement and tightening ball skills. This option is affordable and a great opportunity to workout with a group of friends!
Wall Ball Routine
SHOOTING PROGRESSION WORKOUT
This workout is designed to help players develop proper shooting mechanics as well as shot power. this workout is also designed for a player to do on his own or with friends. If you do not have access to a goal use tennis balls (old ones are better) in your backyard against a wall, house, garage door, etc...
Key things to focus on:
- Everything is overhand
- No more than one partial cradle. No multiple cradles.
- Hands are at the bottom of the stick with space equal to about one rulers length between right and left
- Do not bounce the ball. Shoot high to low and aim for net.
- Keep your hands soft. No "death grip" on the stick.
- Focus on rotating shoulder and torso
- Keep hands high and away from your body.
Shooting Progression Workout
1. On both knees with hips squarely facing the goal. 50 right 50 left
2. On one knee with hips facing goal 50 right 50 left
3. Standing with hips squarely facing goal. Keep feet 50 right 50 left
4. Time and room with crow hop. 50 right 50 left
6. Split dodge and shoot on the run. Get shot off within 50 right 50 left
four yards after exiting dodge.