Once committed to the team, players are expected to attend all practices and tournaments and be on time. We understand there are family commitments, but we ask that tournament season takes priority and that coaches are given advance notice and doctor's notes for any expected absences.
Good sportsmanship is a must - this applies to both players and families. Ripcurl values our lacrosse family and our opponents - we win (or lose) gracefully. Parents and players must take the WE STAND OATH and partake in the USA Lacrosse
Equal playing time is NOT guaranteed. Missing practices and poor sportsmanship will affect playing time.
Coaches will NOT discuss playing time with parents. This is the responsibility of the player and will be discussed in a player/coach conversation.
Players are expected to get adequate sleep, fluids, and eat healthy foods.
Players and parents are to always demonstrate appropriate sportsmanship towards teammates, opponents, referees, and coaches - while you are on a lacrosse field with Ripcurl, you represent our club. Let's always keep it classy!
Zero tolerance for discrimination against gender, race, ethnicity, and the promotion of inclusivity and diversity.
Be aware and use self-discipline (stay focused during drills, games, and off-field situations).
Practice healthy, athletic behaviors (e.g. nutrition and hydration for practice and games).
Strive to come to all practices/games with your best effort ready; commit yourself.
Work hard to develop your skills, give 100% effort in practice, in games, and off the field.
Challenge yourself away from practice: work on personal fitness, skills, psychological parts of the game.
Arrive at least 5-10 minutes before practice, gear on, ready to play.
Be responsible for your equipment and trash. Always leave the field clean - the way you found it!
Become a student of the game: watch college lacrosse, read, increase your ”lacrosse IQ.”
Offensive language by players or parents will not be tolerated by the Ripcurl program.
Families are responsible for the travel of their players to tournaments. One to two-night accommodations and travel expenses are required and are not included in your team fee. Please budget for these extras when considering your player's acceptance to the team. Many families choose to Buddy-Parent where players travel with another teammate's parent or share hotel rooms between two families. This option is at your discretion and it is your responsibility to arrange accommodations. Ripcurl coaches will secure room blocks for families at a reduced rate and send the info out to their team.
Players may choose to sleep at home for "local" tournaments such as Tampa.
Travel team deposits and final payments are NON-REFUNDABLE. There are no refunds or credits at any time. Payments are non-transferable. No refunds will be made in the event of cancellation or shortening of any practices due to inclement weather or anything out of the control of the Ripcurl staff or tournament directors. Ripcurl Lacrosse will make every effort to use contingency plans to maximize play for all teams.
No Refunds will be given by Ripcurl Lacrosse in the event of injury/sickness.
Ripcurl Lacrosse is committed to providing a safe active space for our team and players. With that in mind, we’ve built this Ripcurl Safety Protocol in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As Ripcurl re-opens to the public, we want to ensure not only the safety of our players but the safety of the greater community. Every player and family is expected to take part in implementing and complying with these measures.
Our players are the core of Ripcurl Lacrosse and we’re incredibly serious about protecting the health of each and every one of you. We have built our Ripcurl Safety Protocol to address concerns per US Lacrosse.
Our Ripcurl Safety Protocol follows the CDC, state, and local health guidelines in relation to COVID-19.
According to the CDC, people with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Or at least two of these symptoms:
· Repeated shaking with chills
· Sore throat
· Loss of taste or smell
All players should self-monitor for these symptoms. If you have any of these symptoms, immediately contact your doctor. The following procedures are being implemented to ensure that healthy clients are entering the practice space and so that players may report when they are ill or experiencing symptoms.
Before entering the practice fields for their first session after COVID-19, players will be required to sign a Ripcurl Safety Protocol Plan and Liability Waiver. It is located in the online registration at Ripcurllacrosse.org
Everyone must adhere to Manatee/Sarasota County recommendation of wearing a face mask, face buff, scarf, and bandana when outside the home. Additionally, Ripcurl requires the use of gloves and masks for those who feel any uncertainties about their susceptibility to COVID-19, but due to the nature of our business, the wearing of masks is not possible.
We would like to ensure to you that on our part we are taking precautions and Ripcurl Lacrosse coaches will be taking their temperatures before coming to practices. If their temperature is above set standard temperature we will get another coach to lead practice or cancel your session.
If you see symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home, see your doctor and return only when cleared by your doctor with a note. See below for standards of when you may return to the field.
· If a player, parent or family member shows any symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of participation in a Ripcurl event, the player should immediately contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Director will review whom the player has had contact with at the field in the prior 14 days leading up to going into isolation from the practices. This will include all players and team members that the team member has had close contact with (close contact being within 6 feet for at least 5 minutes) as well as equipment the team member had touched or used).
· If you have been in close contact (per the above definition) with an affected player who tests positive for COVID-19 within their isolation period, you will be notified via email and phone call. Per the CDC guidelines, remain in isolation for 14 days and self-monitor for symptoms. Seek medical attention should you develop any symptoms.
· We are implementing policies to protect all team members’ and families health details and conditions. When notifying people who have had close contact with an affected team member, the identity and condition of the player will not be shared.
· All players who show symptoms may not re-enter the fields until at least 72 hours have passed since the resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and improvement in respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath or cough, and at least 7 days have passed since symptoms began.
· All players should practice social distancing by deliberately increasing the physical space between you and other people to at least six feet wherever possible.
All players must implement good hygiene and infection control practices. These include:
· Frequently wash hands: Players are instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water at the beginning of their session and after using the restroom.
· Avoid touching your face.
· Use respiratory etiquette: Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a sleeve or tissue. Wash your hands following coughing and sneezing and dispose of tissues in the trash. Avoid touching your face when coughing and sneezing. This etiquette will be demonstrated on signage and supported by making tissues and touch-free trash receptacles available to all coaches and players. Ripcurl Lacrosse will provide hand sanitizer stations to further assist in this.
· Do not handle players’ belongings including phones and personal equipment.
Social Distancing Protocol:
The practices will observe social distancing protocol to ensure close contact) is limited. All players and families acknowledge and agree that due to the nature of the facilities and the practices and instructions provided by Ripcurl Lacrosse, social distancing of six (6) feet per person, as well as the use of masks, is not possible
· Only players who are registered team members will be allowed on the field.
· Check-in will be contactless.
· No hands-on cue will be used during practices. All cues will be verbal or visual.
· All people should practice social distancing by deliberately keeping ample space between people.